Ok, so I thought it would be great to post an update once a month when Riley was one month older...like I did when she turned 21 months...but as you are probably so tired of hearing time gets away from me and I didn't update on Sept 13th...and now its been almost two months. I get in my head I want to make this big update and so I keep waiting until I'll have time to write a long one. Which is never really going to happen.
http://picasaweb.google.com/pschwalje/Sept2008TheRestOfAugust#
More Videos:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/pschwalje/videos/5/?secreturl=64643081
http://www.viddler.com/explore/pschwalje/videos/4/?secreturl=98511027
http://www.viddler.com/explore/pschwalje/videos/3/?secreturl=106669904
SO...let's get down to business...Fun Facts about Riley in the last 1 1/2 months!
1. Riley can almost do the splits. I don’t know where she learned this or what prompted her to first try, but she’ll be standing there and then just go into the splits. This is definitely not something she learned watching her father or I.
2. She takes after my sister Deb…she is very outgoing and a total ham. When we go to the store she says hi to EVERY single person we see. There I am standing in the chip aisle racking my brain for a new excuse to buy those Wavy Lays and she starts talking to the person next to me...everyone from little kids to the surly teenage who doesn’t talk to anyone…they almost always smile and talk back to her. She is just that charming.
3. Riley loves the song pat-a-cake. Actually any song, but she likes to sing pat-a-cake for every single person she knows. So on our rides to daycare we sing for all her friends at school, her family (think grandmas & uncles & cousins) and even her four-legged friends (Hunter & Dazzle). She wants you to all have a cake!
4. She loves school buses. It is a favorite pastime to look for school buses on the way to daycare. She will see one and then start going “more school bus mommy, more school bus”…as if I make them magically appear.
5. She enjoys answering questions…any questions. We go through colors or shapes or who will she see at school. One day on the way to daycare I was out of things to ask so I started asking random color questions: “What color are trees?” “What color is the sky?” “What color is your house?” “What color is the sun?” I was shocked to find out she knew all these. I am just amazed how much little kids know…all of the sudden. Like how did they learn that.
6. She’s very into puzzles right now. And playing kitchen…she likes to make food for Dazzle and Mommy and Daddy to eat.
7. She is starting to really get into videos…well, two videos. Before she would watch them for 5 minutes and get distracted, but now we can watch a whole Sesame Street and a whole episode of Backyardigans. It is fun to watch these with her b/c she sings the songs (only blurts out the chorus or parts of it) and tries to do whatever they are doing on tv…whether it is dancing or patting her head or jumping around.
8. Riley likes to talk in the 3rd person. She will do something silly and say “What is Riley doing?” And the other day when I went to pick her up from school I stumbled upon her trying to lure the other near 2 year olds into a game of hide & seek…by hiding on the stairs to the diaper changing station and saying “Where is Riley hiding?” And just this morning she put this hat over her face and says “Where did Riley go?”
9. The other night at dinner she broke her crayons...the next thing we know she is counting the 1/2 crayons...She made it to 9 in order. I was just staring at Chris...like "are you kidding me?" The thing is, we think it was a fluke. She has never since then counted to 9 in order. She will do parts of counting to 10 (like 3, 4,5 or 7,8,9) but not all 10 in row. I think its around the corner though.
10. She loves to make noise...pretending to be either a monkey or an elephant. It does not matter where we are when she decides to do this :) And it is so cute I can hardly keep from cracking a smile.
11. She tries to sing along to any song we listen to...it sounds like she doesn't really know the lyrics though b/c she will mumble and then shout out one or two words.
This update has taken me nearly two weeks to post. I have so many stories about this almost two year old, but every time I sit down to write I draw a blank.
Also, I have more videos to post, but I am out of space on my Picasa page so I'm contemplating my next move.
No comments:
Post a Comment