December is crazy. I knew it would be, but there really isn't a lot of extra time to squeeze out of the day...so, its going to be a short update.
Riley is great. We had her two year appointment at the end of November and everything looks good. She is 32.5 inches and 24.5 lbs (I think she may have even lost some weight since her 18 month). She's petite, but can out eat pretty much all her friends! No joke I was at her daycare one morning while they were having snack/breakfast of waffles (yes dripping with syrup) and Riley ate more than every kid there. Her teachers said she always asks for seconds or thirds. They also said she is "very active". Yep. We still hear a lot of "She never stops" and "She is so busy". She has slowed down a very little bit. Now we get 5 min here or there to cuddle with her and we love every one of those minutes.
Riley will play by herself for quite a while too (thank goodness b/c we don't have near as much energy as she does). Her favorite thing to do is take care of her babies. We are really not sure where she gets it, but she loves playing with her Papa Q baby (naturally named after her grandparents Papa Bill and Grandma Q) and "other baby" (naturally named after???). She likes to take them for walks in the stroller, swaddle them, feed them, put them night night...and take them to go on the potty. And then she tries to wash their hands. They are made of part cloth so this handwashing does not work out so well. It's more of a bath and then they have to sit in the laundry room to get dry. She puts the baby face down to sleep on their belly b/c that is how she sleeps and she is constantly telling her babies "you ok" and rubbing their back or holding them up to her shoulder (she tells us "baby cry"). The other morning I sat down by the babies and there was a bottle. She asked me to feed the baby, so I picked up "other baby" and the bottle near me and started feeding her. Riley tells me "No, that is Papa Q baby's bottle." She was right. It was the bottle that came with Papa Q Baby. Then she went to get me the "other baby's" bottle.
I wish I could write for an hour about this little girl. She is charming and amazing and constantly changing. She can sing her ABC's (with blending some letters together) and can count somewhere between 10 and 17 but ALWAYS skips 4???? She has a wonderful memory and can read us stories we have read her (from memory...she doesn't actually read yet :). She is pretty affectionate and gives us lots of hugs and kisses. She's very independent and has hit that stage where she does not want us to help with ANYTHING. She gets very excited to achieve new things...like taking off her own shirt and putting on her new one all on her own. She says "I did it all by myself"
Ok, well I could write a million stories...but (of course) time is short.
Enjoy the pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/pschwalje/Nov2008?authkey=48SgPQgOrSI#
Happy Holidays!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment