I am so behind on posts. We had some good friends come visit and Riley started swim lessons and we are just busy! But I promise sometime soon I am going to post February videos and pictures of Riley. And maybe a picture of me!
But for now a story of the most amazing, cutest kid in our house (for now anyway!).
So Riley is in a toddler gymnastics class on Saturday mornings. It is awesome...a bunch of crazy 2 & 3 year olds running around hanging off high bars and walking on balance beams and trying somersaults in every which direction. On this past Saturday it was time for her to go so I said "Riley please get your shoes." She goes into the closet and comes out with two different sandals. One was teva like & hot pink in color. The other a light pink croc. It worked though b/c one was for the left foot and the other for the right foot. So I went with it.
We went to class, the kids do class in the barefeet. After class we were out in the lobby putting on our shoes. And one of the little girls standing near us goes "Daddy, why is she wearing two different shoes?" The dad trying not to make us uncomfortable is quietly like "uh, I don't know honey." This drew the attention of another child and her mother and the mom is all "how cute is that?!" So I say..."she wanted to wear two different shoes. She's the newest Punky Brewster." And Riley proudly puts on her two different shoes and walks out unphased by the questions.
1 comment:
She is so like her Mother! :) I love this post!
Post a Comment