I have so much to write about every single day...I have written a whole entry about our beautiful little 3 month old...coming soon. And then there's the anticlimactic adenoidectomy. But for now let's talk nail polish and (almost) 3 year olds.
Even when I found out I was having a little girl...I never pictured myself having a GIRL. A girl that loves playing dress up and baby dolls and jewelry more than skateboards and soccer balls. I never imagined I would paint her nails. At least not before she was 10. But that's exactly what we did this morning. Here's how it all went down.
Chris & Riley were awake before Reegan & I. So I come stumbling down the stairs and the very first thing Riley says to me is "Mommy, will you paint my hands and toes?" I look at Chris like "you told her?" b/c in an effort to soften the blow I THOUGHT she would experience by being blindsided by this surgery I bought some children's nail polish. However, as it was...I didn't feel like I needed to pull out the polish so I was thinking..."great, escaped that dreadful activity." I just did not think it would be fun...trying to get her to sit still long enough for it to dry. Anyway, he said he did not tell her. It turns out her friend Caitlyn at school had her fingernails painted. After eating and her asking me another couple of times I decided to just do it.
I was amazed and shocked at how well she sat while I painted her nails and that when I told her not to move or touch them she totally listened. And then she says "Where's the blue?" I looked at her with confusion..."were Caitlyn's blue?" I asked with this confusion b/c I know Caitlyn and I could not see her with blue polish. Then she says..."Avery's toes were blue." Oh. I guess I'm a late bloomer on painting my toddler's nails.
When we were all finished, I asked her to put the chairs back and she told me she wanted to relax a bit and let her toes dry while she watched her show ( a dvd of Riley videos). Then she asked if we could do it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment