Friday, November 20, 2009

Spinach and Hugs

Last night we had pizza for dinner. And spinach salad and pineapple. And Riley had carrots. We start dinner and she says "Can I have some spinach?" We say "Sure." She takes a bite and says "I like it." That's good honey. Then she asks for some more. We said "No, have more pizza." We said this b/c its not normal to be 3 and finish all your spinach, carrots, and pineapple but leave pizza on your plate. I mean its also not normal to be 35 and do this. Or maybe we said no so she will see it as a special treat and want it more. But then we have to either give it to her (thus taking away the specialness of it) or not give it to her (which defeats the plan). Don't worry I ate the rest of her pizza.

This morning Reegan woke up upset. She also woke up early. Chris let her be for a while (I was gone). When he came upstairs Riley was standing there outside her door and Shh'd him. Riley's been known to hear something and go in to see her sister. We have tried to discourage her from going in without one of us...in case Reegan's not ready to get up. Apparently our discouragement worked. Anyway, I guess Reegan was really upset...after we were all up and about. Riley gave Reegan a big hug and says "I love you baby sister. I'm sorry you were having such a rough morning. I try to settle you down."

Am I living some kind of parental dream?

Don't get too jealous yet...soon I'll share about how Riley has begun lying or grinding on our nerves by testing us on EVERYTHING!

No comments: