Tuesday, February 02, 2010

A few too many princesses

Today I was taking Riley to get sized for her very special dress. Her Flower Girl dress for her Uncle Mike and Aunt Kristen's wedding. She loves dresses and everything girl so she was super excited when I told her about our appointment. She said "I want a purple dress."

On the way there, I explained that this dress was not going to be purple. She asked me why and I explained it was Kristen's wedding. I then told her when she got married she could wear purple or pink or any other color she wanted.

Just then we saw a horse and carriage of sorts on the side of the road (it was a horse pulling a person in a carriage like frame in the fields). I said "Riley do you see the horse?" She confirmed she saw it and informed me she would like to ride a horse some day. I told her maybe when she got a little bigger she could ride a horse...this is what she told me:

"You know what I like? I like wearing a purple dress and riding a horse. When I am older I would like to wear a purple dress and ride a horse."

I told her we would see. She then responded "Will you find a purple dress that fits me?" This is b/c she has these "shirts" that used to be dresses but now don't even cover her behind. So now she wears them as shirts with leggings. I did agree to buy her a purple dress that fits. I did not agree to let her ride a horse in it. But we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute!