Thursday, June 10, 2010

She warms my heart













I miss it from day to day...just how much she has changed and continues to change. Then I see a picture and think..."look at her hair". She is getting a mop. Remember, hair on children is new to us. It really feels like just yesterday we were meeting for the very first time and she was curling up on her side, winning me over.

Reegan is a wonderful 13.5 month old. She has energy and a fun personality. She loves to laugh with us if we start laughing. She likes to make new noises including some sort of growl. She says 'uh-uh' (i.e. uh-oh) and hi. She also waves bye (a really cute opening and closing of the hand while twirling of the wrist). She knows one sign and also speaks the word. One guess? It is not 'No'. It is 'STOP!'. Reegan hears this frequently. Including 'Stop playing in the dog's bowls.' 'Stop messing with the tv'. "Reegan - Stop feeding Dazzle" "Stop running away with that " The list goes on . Oh it does. She loves when we tell her to stop something, then she says "Stop!" and starts smiling.

New Nickname is 'fast-fingers Ankenbauer'. If she wants something she will grab it before we even realize she has eyed it. And then she runs off.

Reegan's energy level is comparable to that of her sister. She likes to be busy and she loves to destruct...knocking over towers and pulling out everything on a shelf at once.

She also has this sweet, soft side that just warms my heart. She will get a book and back her booty onto our lap. She does not sit long enough for us to read it, but the gesture is appreciated. And if she sees a pillow she will occasionally, lay her head down on it and look as cute as a sleeping toddler. This may not seem so amazing, but we here do not know toddlers that relax or chill for even 5 seconds. We only know go at 100 mph always while awake. Riley hardly sat down until she was 3 years old, much less willingly laid down.

Reegan loves her sleep. The other day I put her in her crib at bedtime and I said..."I love you, see you in the morning" and she started shaking her head like "yes, yes". Then I said 'night-night' and she goes 'nigh-nigh'. When she wakes in the morning she will crack us up having a little party in her crib. She must have some friends visiting b/c the laughter that comes through the monitor is too much for just one baby.

She is getting the two front teeth to fill in her smile (in addition to her fangs, her bottom two teeth) and to our surprise she is getting at least one molar...maybe two (hey I check once, but I am not setting myself up to be bitten).

No comments: