Thursday, November 04, 2010

Halloween






This year I am SO excited for the holidays. Pumpkins and hay mazes, pie & time with friends, and nightly walks to see all the Christmas lights in our neighborhood. I love this time of year. And I love it that much more with the squeals and squeaks of two little girls. We celebrated Halloween the whole month of October. We started early with a trip to the pumpkin patch. Then we put up Halloween decorations. And went looking for costumes. Then it was a trip the pumpkin patch to buy our carving pumpkins, digging out the seeds, carving them and lighting them up. The girls had such a blast and this year Riley announced she was going to actually put her hand in the pumpkin to help dig out the seeds we would roast!

On Halloween weekend we spent Friday night at a little festival where the kids got pumpkins to decorate, balloon animals and face painting. And on Halloween day, they dressed up with their friends. Any shyness in Riley was overcome by sheer motivation for SUGAR! We trick or treated and then went to a block party in our neighborhood to hang with more friends. And the girls got to see their first up close fire truck (one of our neighbors is fireman and arranged for them to bring it by for the kids).

It was everything I thought it would be and here are the pictures to prove it.


p.s. I didn't post a lot from the actual day of Halloween b/c I wasn't so sure about posting pictures with other people's children...

No comments: