What? This isn't how it is
suppose to go?
Yeah, this was a blast...let's do it again soon!
I know its been a couple of weeks since Riley turned 5 months and I have not put up any pictures or updates. We have been busy, busy, busy here in Arizona but more on that later. For now, I just have to share with you Riley's first feeding experience. I know many of you have gone through this already, but it was hilarious so I will tell the story anyway.
A little background. At Riley's 4 month appointment our pediatrician talked to us about starting solids. She is VERY laid back and was basically like "start them whenever it works for you". She said there is no real advantage or disadvantage to starting them earlier or later. She started her first kid the day she turned 4 months and her fourth kid at 6 months (b/c she had a lot less time). As many of you MAY know, I am a bit of a clean freak. So...I thought "I am gonna wait b/c I know once I go there its just gonna be a big mess."
Two days ago we decided to take a shot at some rice cereal. Here's how it went. I first got all exact on the measurements of cereal to liquid. Then decide my first batch is too runny so I dump that and start over. Ok, we're ready. I have her in a bumbo chair on top of our table. My little bowl of cereal and a baby spoon. Like all babies, Riley reaches for everything. So I kind of hold her hands down as I feed her the cereal. The first couple of bites go pretty well. A little spilling out around the mouth, but nothing I can't handle :) Then it gets wild! She is really interested in the spoon and what's going on. She starts kind of wiggling around in the chair, kicking her legs and the next thing I know her foot is in the bowl of cereal, the cereal is all over the table, the floor and her face. Somehow she managed to get cereal up above her eyebrows. Wow.
If I had to guess I would say she probably consumed less than 1/2 teaspoon. What I learned was not only would this adventure be messy, but it was going to take a long time. And we needed bigger bibs and a splash mat and we will be doing more laundry and more baths :)
Enjoy the photos!
1 comment:
You are so right! Riley has changed so much since her first few weeks. This is so awesome to see her grow, Paula and Chris! I'm so glad you're taking the time to put this together. She's talking beautifully now! Love, Cindy
Post a Comment