Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Riley Stories

A few Riley stories:



  1. She talks to the baby. I will ask her if she wants to feel the baby move. She will say "Open it up" (translation - lift your shirt up). Then she will say "Hi " Last night she followed up with "Miss you & love you. See you later." and then she proceeded to kiss my belly. Now I would imagine this scenario has occurred with many children before her...BUT it never registered to me how cute and touching this would be until it was my children involved.

  2. In general, I would not say I am very affectionate person. I am sentimental and love to write and talk, but I don't do a ton of hugging or enough telling some people I love them. Riley is the huge exception to this...I cannot hug her enough and I must tell her I love her at least 20 times a day. Last week I told her I loved her in the middle of the day and she looked at me and goes..."No Mommy, I no go night-night." Apparently she associates that statement with going to sleep.

  3. Along the same lines, sometimes I ask Riley for hugs. "Can I have a hug or a kiss?" She says "No I already gave you one." I didn't know there was a limit.

No comments: