Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Who's 10 year old is this?

Sometimes it seems like Riley understands so much I have to remind myself she is two and not ten.

  1. When we got home from daycare, Riley informed us she wanted to eat dinner. Then she was running around like her hyper-self, going in and out of the backyard, chasing the dog and just burning off energy while Chris & I prepared dinner. She comes running in and says in this very sweet, innocent voice "Please get my food ready." We tell her we are working on it. She says "Thank you" and runs back outside.
  2. After eating dinner when she was getting ready to go play, I said "Riley do you need to go potty?" She says "I did already. At school"
  3. I was sitting on the stairs putting on my shoes (b/c I need my backend to be higher than my feet so I can reach them :) when I hear Riley getting into something in the laundry room. Chris comes around the corner and says "No, no Riley that's mommy's purse." And then I hear my nearly 28 month old daughter tell a flat out lie..."It's okay. Mommy said I could."

No comments: