I didn't know if it would happen or when it happens. I had hoped to escape it b/c I've always found children who do this to be somewhat of an annoyance. Turns out I feel the same when it is my child...but with more love.
Riley has started with the Whys...one why after another. Even after we have clearly answered her question she again asks why. "Why are you going to sleep Mommy?" 'Because I'm tired.' "Why are you tired?" 'Because you wear me out.' "Why?" 'Because you never stop.' "Why?"
I am really hoping this lasts...uh like 1 more day. I never found the incessant whys to be cute in the slightest bit.
My strategy has been to answer her, to take her questions serious and give her serious responses when I can and tell her "I don't know" when I don't. And then to turn around and ask her why 100 times so she see what it feels like. Yes, very mature.
No comments:
Post a Comment