Saturday, May 30, 2009

Already a month

When Riley was born time initially seemed to slow down. Those first few weeks seemed to creep by as I was healing and learning. But then around 5 weeks it was like someone hit the fast forward button on my life. With Reegan it never slowed down. In so many ways it seems like she has been a part of our family forever. We have done so much in the past month, its hard to believe she has not even been here 5 weeks yet. It seems like a lifetime ago those first two days when we were in the hospital, falling in love. She has grown and changed. And I am desperately trying to hang on to each moment as they become memories never to be replayed.

Riley was nearly a year when emotionally I realized she'd never be that tiny little baby that fell asleep in my arms...this taught me to slow down and really cherish this stage with Reegan. I thank Riley for that (and so much more). So, we had Reegan's one month check up this week...she is doing great, gaining weight and getting bigger. The doctor was impressed with her neck control and the way she makes eye contact. And Riley stopped the doctor in his tracks by saying the following, completely unprompted: "Thank you for sharing with me." Riley is a normal 2 1/2 year old...can be ornery and completely irrational. But that was a shining moment that I had to share.

At one month, Reegan loves the mobile on her changing table and her sister Riley. She likes baths and started taking a pacifier a couple of days ago. She doesn't really seem into the swing yet...she will either cry immediately or sometimes (like when Riley pushes her) she'll be calm for a few minutes. I thought babies were born loving the swing...I guess for some it is a learned love. She doesn't like being cold...which is good since we are mostly living in an oven right now...but sometimes the air conditioner blowing right on her in the car will lead to crying. She actually rolled over a few times from stomach to back. Chris told me she did and I'll be honest...I just figured it was like she was on a slope and it happened. But then we put her down on the floor and she just rolled over. I have one video where I just catch it, but I'll try to get more.

Check out pictures from May:

http://picasaweb.google.com/pschwalje/RileyReeganMay#

1 comment:

The Hartigs said...

Wow, you are amazing! I have 8 (almost 9) month olds, and can't blog and get as much done in a day as you do! The girls look adorable! I can't wait to see you all at the end of the month!! Kiss them babies for Aunt Deb!