Here is a conversation that happened with Riley this morning while she was eating her breakfast. To set the stage, Chris and I were engaged in a conversation about the sleep habits of our 6 week old (which are good, but have the potential for greatness).
Riley: "Mommy & Daddy, I'm talking to you."
Riley (directed at me): "You talk to Reegan (who is coincidentally sleeping). And I talk to Daddy."
So we wait, looking at her for what she wants to tell Daddy. At which point she realizes she needs to come up with something.
Riley: "I eat almonds." This is important information b/c usually she picks them out of the cereal and claims not to like them...though she eats them raw outside of cereal.
Chris & Paula: "Great job honey. Wow, you are big girl."
Riley: "I'm not big enough for basco (i.e. tabasco). I'm not that big."
Chris & Paula: "Nope you are not that big yet."
Riley: "When I get little I have paci (i.e. pacifier)."
Paula: "You don't need a pacifier, you are big girl."
Riley: "I'm a big girl?"
Paula: "Yep"
Riley: "I'm not that big. I cannot have basco (i.e. tabasco)"
Paula: "Nope no tabasco."
Riley: "Daddy silly. Mommy silly. Riley silly and Reegan silly"
The end. And that is how a 2 1/2 year old slyly interrupts any conversation and takes you totally off track.
2 comments:
love, love, love this!
I think she gets her humor from me!!
Post a Comment