It has been a good two months. I have truly cherished our days together smiling and cooing at each other. There is nothing more rewarding that Riley's big hugs (& kisses) and the huge smile I get from Reegan when I come into her focal point. Those two little girls know how to make me feel really great.
Its funny how all babies are different, but also so much the same. I remember we were so fascinated with how much Riley loved her mobile and the ceiling fan. Oh yes, the ceiling fan. And the aquarium bouncer. Funny thing is Reegan loves these things all the same. And I mean hey Jimmy Buffett sings about his daughter loving the ceiling fan...so I guess its not just our magical children. Seriously, watching Reegan get all excited as she admires the blades going round is like a deja vu moment with Ms. Riley Breese. Of course, there are some differences...Reegan wasn't too into the swing until just this past week where as Riley wanted to slap a number on it and make it her permanent address. 123 Swing Lane. Oh and Reegan seems more interested in tv that Riley still is to this day. I know not every mom would be excited by this, but the idea of a child who sits still for a short while doesn't seem like such a bad thing in our house.
Reegan gets almost as excited for Riley as she does for me. Riley gets right in her face and Reegan gets a huge smile...most of the time. Well, when Riley is not bonking her on the head or holding onto her feet as she sings the wheels on the bus go round and round.
Riley seems to have adjusted to having a little sister. She likes to watch as we change the diaper and will fetch a toy or burp "rag" so Reegan can burp (I call them burp cloths...so not sure where she gets the rags part). She announces when Reegan is crying (even sometimes when she is not :). She likes us to tell Reegan stuff that she is doing such as "Tell my Reegan I went down the slide." and "Tell my Reegan I am having strawberries." And just tonight she told me her baby was eating "the nipple" as she lifted her shirt and pretended to feed her baby. I am not sure which makes me laugh more...that she did this or that it took two months and she pulled this out tonight.
Long awaited pictures (you were waiting for these, right?):
http://picasaweb.google.com/pschwalje/RileyReeganJune2009#
No comments:
Post a Comment