Sunday, August 21, 2011

Is August too late for Easter?




I write on my blog pretty much every day. At least in my head I do. I often wonder what I do with my time because I watch very little tv and right now soccer is in between seasons so I am only playing 1 time per week. Yet, I just do not find the time to transfer the entries in my head to my computer. But this morning the girls are actually sleeping later than I am...so I have time for a quick update (though I probably just jinxed myself and they will now wake up).

I have been wanting to write this post since April. We barely squeezed in a visit to the Easter Bunny this year. Riley has never been a fan of sitting on the laps of strangers dressed in costume (can't say I blame her for this one). She was completely freaked when Winnie-the-Pooh came to her daycare. But last year we went to this easter egg hunt & festival thrown by the city. Mostly the kids were in love with the bounce houses, but just before leaving Riley announced she would like to see the easter bunny (see story here ). And at Christmas time she sat on Santa's lap (the year before she didn't even want Reegan to go near Santa).

Anyway, this year, Riley wanted to see the Easter Bunny. We set it up so we would go see him from a distance and if we wanted then we would go talk to him. Well, when we got there Riley walked right up to Mr. Easter Bunny but Reegan screamed bloody murder and made it clear that she did not care one bit what her sidekick Riley was doing...under no uncertain terms were we to let her down within 20 feet of that weird bunny guy.

Of course, I bought the picture...with this story to go with it, how could I not?!

P.S. More easter pictures here.

No comments: